【Be Their Voice】
Heart of Taiwan Animal Care (HOTAC) is a non-profit NGO founded in 2013. We uphold the belief that we shall “be their voice” as we become close to animals firsthand, to truly experience the hardship which disadvantaged animals at-risk endure.
HOTAC is comprised of members with various expertise in animal-related areas, including governmental committee advisors, educational lecturers, veterinarians, front-line animal rescuers, event planners, and consultants to university student organizations for animal protection.
In hope that through the integration of professionalism from different fields, we strive to “be their voice” as our members are fully experienced and professional in dealing with issues such as animal protection administration, life education courses, rural area spay & neuter services, CNR/TNR projects, animal rescues, shelters and animal protection campaigns on university campuses. 【Mission】 ✫Spay & Neuter Action
· CNR/TNR Project－for feral dogs and cats.
· RASNS, Rural Area Spay/Neuter Services－A free circulating spay & neuter service provided to free-run companion animals and feral animals in rural areas where veterinary resources are lacking or non-existing. By conducting spay & neuter surgeries in high frequency and intensity, we aim to reduce the growing rate of feral animals, and to induce from more people the correct knowledge and concept of spay/neuter along with medical care for their dogs and cats.
· Spay/Neuter for Household Dogs & Cats－to promote proper concept on keeping companion animals, and to encourage spay & neuter of animals as to decrease the chance of illnesses as well as the abandon rate.
✫Animal Protection Education
We aim to change the world through education, to advocate an attitude which respects life. Aristotle once said, “the roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” Although education will not immediately change the fact that animals are suffering right at this moment, but it can plant the seed of hope.
· Educational Propaganda－our lecturers give animal protection life
education speeches in all grades from kindergarten up to university and college, so that a life-loving thought can begin to root since young age.
· University Animal Protection Service Team－an assembly of retired members from various university animal protection student associations, who help to provide professional and pertinent counsel and assistance for animal protection campaigns.
· Professional Education－to offer professional animal protection courses in community colleges and universities to enhance the scope and depth of knowledge on the subject.
· Seminar－to conduct various animal-related professional seminars whereas through multi-organization discussions, the overall narrative capability in animal protection related issues can be strengthened.
· Camp and Activity－to hold winter and summer camps for children, so they may learn the concept of respect for life and care for animals through educational games.
✫ Advocacy for Animal Protection Issues
· Legislation－Animal-protection-related laws have been in effect for decades in Taiwan, but have not really been effective in protecting animals. To promote the passage and modification of laws is one of our major works.
· Advocacy－in animal protection campaigns, we encounter disputes on many subjects of debate, which only though research, discussion, advocacy and analysis can we reach a common consensus with the society.
✫ Rescue & Adoption
· Overseas Adoption－although the cost is high, but we know there is no price for happiness. We arrange to send rescued stray animals abroad, to local animal protection organizations in countries such as the U.S., Canada, or Germany for a chance at second life.
· Individual Caretakers－for those who feed and care for feral animals out of their own love, they are one of the most unselfish yet greatly disadvantaged group of people often struggling with many aspects of life. We aim to support and assist such individuals by integrating and distributing related resources.